Entrepreneurs and business owners should give the utmost consideration to the company’s branding. After all, the brand represents your company in so many ways. The brand symbolizes the business’ promise to its customers. It also helps attract potential clients towards your business. Every company should remember that a strong brand benefits the organization in different ways, such as:
- Recognition: Make your business stand out in a competitive market
- Perception: Represents the company’s credibility and reliability
- Trust: Fosters loyal relationships with customers
- Sales: Generates new customers and encourages repeat customers
A strong brand encourages customers to patronize a company. But more than that, entrepreneurs become more confident in running and growing their business.
Business Headshots: The Little Things Matter Too
Because entrepreneurs are focused on the more significant issues of the business, like operations or marketing, it is easy to forget that the little things matter a lot. As the owner of the business, you represent the company, whether you like it or not. Customers and investors research the company owner, as well as the team that runs the show. The right headshot plays an important role in building trust for your brand and the people behind it. It provides a human touch to the business, instead of the faceless name slash title/position on your company’s About Us page.
If your goal is to make a good impression to your customers and other stakeholders, the following tips will guide you in coming up with the best business headshots:
- Opt for Professionally-taken Business Headshots
If you want to have incredible-looking business headshots, now is not the time to penny-pinch. A professional service provider may cost more, but this is your business we’re talking about. Professionally-taken headshots are worthy investments because the images will be connected to your brand. An expert headshot service provider, like GP LOOKS, knows what it takes to pull off the best headshot. The headshot photographer specializes in these kinds of photos, so you are guaranteed a headshot that will not only impress – it will start bringing business in!
Whether you want to have professional headshots or staff headshots done, or both, here are the things to consider when looking a headshot photographer:
- Portfolio: Request to see their collection and check whether your preferences meet the photographer’s skills and expertise.
- Reputation: Is your photographer well-regarded in the industry? Find out what other business clients are saying about the service provider. It is best to look for someone who focuses on business headshots rather than a general photographer.
- Communication: Call the photographer to inquire – never email. If you do not feel comfortable talking to someone for a few minutes over the phone, you will likely not feel comfortable on a face-to-face with him or her.
- Prepare for the Shoot
What and why do you need to prepare for a headshot photo? Remember that this photo will be used on your website, your LinkedIn profile, press releases, and more. Because a headshot photo focuses on your face and your shoulders, anyone who sees it will come up with an impression about your brand. Follow these tips to make sure you are at your best on the day of the photoshoot.
- Have a restful sleep: Tiredness or exhaustion will show in your photos even if the image was touched up. It is pertinent that you have a good night’s rest the day before your photoshoot.
- Be in the right mindset: Entrepreneurs deal with challenges and difficulties regularly. However, these issues can put a toll on you and make you look dreary, unenthusiastic, or uninspired on the day of your headshot photo session. Drink some tea, meditate – anything that it takes to help you relax and focus.
- Appearance matters: You don’t have to wear the latest designer outfits to look fabulous on your business headshots. However, you need to make sure you look and feel good in what you are wearing. For the ladies, makeup should look fresh and natural – you should still look like yourself even while wearing makeup. Gentlemen should avoid looking too scruffy.
Professional-looking headshots do not have to look stern or unapproachable. You can seem like a boss and exude warmth at the same time. Your smile should not look forced. The photographer will guide you in achieving the right poses for your headshot, but only you will be able to give a warm and genuine smile.
To pull off the best business headshot, you must be in the right clothes and the proper mindset. However, what will help you get the best business headshot is by hiring the right photographer who will guide you before and during the process. Keep all of these tips in mind and your company will be well on its way to giving the best first impression to future clients.