Most people do not think about the implications of this, but a mattress is a vital part of anyone’s life. A good mattress should always support you and ensure you have a good night’s sleep, every night. A good rest is essential for an individual’s mental health, it is vital to staying happy and healthy. It is recommended to replace your mattress every seven years or so, this is not something to ignore, even if the prices of a good mattress can be daunting and off-putting. In fact, because of the sometimes high prices of mattresses, it is best that you do your research before investing in one. An incompatible mattress could lead to restless nights and back, neck and general aches in the morning. This could affect anything from your mood to your productivity. Luckily, there are a whole list of tips and tricks out there to help you make an informed decision about your mattress purchase. But first, it is always best to know about the different types of mattress out there, to help you narrow down the best choice for you:
Types of mattresses
Surprisingly, there are actually several different types of mattresses available, all designed with a specific feature in mind to best tailor to various different problems and ailments.
– Latex mattress: These mattresses are filled with what is known as latex foam. This material is best known for the breathability of the fabric, which means that you are less likely to overheat during the night. This is also a particularly durable material, which means that it should last for a long time. It was designed for people with breathing problems, such as asthma. However, one downside to this type of mattress is that it is rather firm, so only invest if you can handle a stiff bed.
– Open spring mattress: These mattresses are comprised of long springs that have been bent and coiled into a myriad of springs. On top of this, these mattresses have an in built rod that helps to maintain structure. They are relatively light models, which makes them easier to lift and manoeuvre. However, they do tend to be less supportive than the more expensive models, so maybe it is best to look into this option for a guest bedroom.
– Memory foam mattress: These are actually the latest and most modern model of mattress available at the moment. Designed for those with back problems and other ailments, these mattresses are made out of memory foam: a durable material that responds to weight and heat. Basically, it maintains the shape that is best for you to sleep in. However, they are very expensive, and some people do not like the soft sinking feel of them and prefer a stiffer or firmer mattress.
There are several other models of mattresses that you could potentially look into if none of the above seem appealing or right for you.
Top tricks and tips for buying your perfect mattress
– Buy from a trusted brand: When you are researching what mattress to buy. It is recommended to buy only from the most trusted brands. Customer reviews can help you decide what retailer to go to if you are unsure.
– Talk to your doctor: Most people would never even consider this but speaking to your doctor about what kind of mattress you need could be a big help. This is especially true if you have a health problem or condition.
– Try out the mattress first: When shopping for a mattress, try to get a feel for it by lying on it for at least ten minutes, just to make sure it is the right one for you.