Diamond paintings are all the rage in the arts and crafts industry these days. This type of art combines the positive aspects of cross-stitching and painting-by-numbers.
With this creative hobby, you can create beautiful artwork with ease. Typical diamond art kits include a design chart, colorful rhinestones or diamonds, an applicator tool, and wax.
Aspiring artists can then begin to create their masterpieces without difficulty. Making it the perfect medium for individuals of any artistic level.
Aside from the creative benefits that you gain from this type of art, here are a few reasons why you should try making diamond paintings:
- Relieve Stress Productively
Art is an excellent stress-reliever that also allows you to produce beautiful masterpieces. Unlike spontaneous paintings where you don’t even know where to start, diamond art reduces feelings of anxiety by providing you with a canvas template that you just need to follow.
Plus, you don’t have to worry about making a mess because cleaning up is so manageable. Not only can you have a relaxing time, but you end up producing art that you can proudly hang in your home.
There are several diamond art kits in the market today, like those from VizuArts paintings. You can choose from an extensive array of designs from abstract ones to your favorite cartoon characters. As a tip, make sure that you pick the style that matches your room.
These are the ways on how you can display your finished artwork:
- Frame it – The most straightforward method is to purchase an appropriate-sized frame for your canvas and put it on the tabletop or atop one of your shelves. This way is ideal for smaller pieces.
- Hang on the wall – For larger diamond paintings, you can opt to frame it and hang it on the wall of your living room or any place where you entertain guests. Some people, though, prefer to suspend their art using strings and clips for a shabby or boho-chic vibe.
- Use as an accent pillow – You can also use the canvas as a pillowcase and set it as an accent for your sofa. Of course, you have to make sure that your guests won’t sit on it. Otherwise, the diamonds may come off.
- Cover books and other supplies – Your diamond painting is an excellent book cover. You can also utilize it as a wrap for scrapbooks and photo albums.
- Improve Your Concentration
Creating diamond art paintings are relatively easy because of their paint-by-numbers characteristic. Nonetheless, you still need finesse and attention to detail so that you can produce stunning pieces without many errors.
A diamond art project requires your full concentration because of its detail-oriented execution. Every colored rhinestone has a specific place, and it’s your job to ensure that they find their correct spot on the canvas.
Crafting is widely known to be beneficial for your health. Some even believe that it has anti-aging advantages, which means that these enjoyable mental activities can help prevent dementia and other related disorders.
- Boost Fine Motor Skills
Aside from the psychological benefits of making art, diamond paintings can also enhance one’s fine motor skills.
The rhinestones are tiny things that you lift using the applicator tool. The task of picking them up and placing them on their specified area in the canvas can strengthen the muscles in your arms, wrists, and fingers.
- Master the Art of Self-Discipline
Art projects shouldn’t be something that you start without any intent to finish. Otherwise, you can’t enjoy looking at your diamond art masterpiece. By taking up this hobby, you can motivate yourself to see it through until its completion.
Once you’ve trained yourself to be self-disciplined, you’ll find that you can practice this habit in other aspects of your life.
- Cultivate Your Imagination
As with any other skill, arts and crafts beginners need guidance on where to begin with the project. Diamond art can help you enhance your imagination by providing easy templates at first. Afterward, once you’re more confident with your skills, you can move onto more challenging projects and even create original pieces with just your mind as your guide.
Diamond art paintings are taking up the world of arts and crafts by storm. You should try this creative hobby because of the creative and psychological benefits it provides. It helps you relieve stress productively while improving your concentration.
It also helps you boost fine motor skills. Moreover, you develop self-discipline and cultivate your imagination when you take up this hobby.