The timeless appeal and unmatched elegance of a saree make it one of the most graceful Indian attires. This nine-yard drape is all about sartorial splendor that add wonders to the woman’s beauty. Therefore, it is an essential piece of garment that is a must for a bridal trousseau. Brides want at least a handful of them in their wedding collection for each occasion.
Sarees are the best way to look stylish and traditional at the same time. And there is no other Indian outfit that looks so elegant and sophisticated. Such alluring charm of sarees make it one of the most coveted pieces of clothing. These days many brides are ditching lehengas to wear a saree on their wedding day. The new-age brides want to create a statement of their and they are choosing sarees to do so. So, if you are one such bride, we got you covered. Here are some traditional Indian sarees that you can choose to wear on your wedding day.
1. Benarasi Saree: Keep it super stylish yet traditional in exquisite Benarasi sarees that hail from Varanasi town of India. It is bespoke couture created with handwoven silk and it takes about a month to complete a masterpiece. Since your wedding is the most special day of your life, there is no other piece of attire that can do justice to your bridal look except an authentic Benarasi saree. This saree in itself is a stunner that enhances the beauty of a woman and makes her look like a vision to behold.
2. Kanjeevaram saree: Kanjeevaram is one of the richest sarees of all. It originated in Tamil Nadu town of Kanchipuram. These sarees are nothing less than marvel created by human hands. Earlier, these sarees were worn as bridal wear and special occasions by the women of Tamil Nadu, however, it’s lustrous textures and luminous colors make it irresistible to women all over the country. Many girls are choosing this as their bridal wear, for every inch of it is rich, elegant, and gorgeous. The natural sheen of the fabric can instantly elevate the beauty of a woman.
3. Net Saree: Net sarees have been in fashion for a long time. These are perfect for summer weddings and look absolutely ethereal on the young bride. The light fabric when created with heavy embellishments and bountiful zardozi, it is everything a bride wants to create a statement look. The best part is that you can pair it up with any kind of blouse. A contrasting color or a heavy sequined blouse will look fabulous with a net saree. For more inspiration you can check out Lashkaraa.com and shop latest sarees online.
4. Bengali Baluchari Saree: Speaking of fabulous, there is no other Indian traditional saree that can make you feel magnificent on your wedding day except a typical Bengali Baluchari saree, the customary garment worn in and around Bengal. It is traditional yet edgy in its appeal. It is a rich silk saree that is finished with depictions of mythological scenes from the Indian epics, the Ramayana and the Mahabharata, on the pallu. This saree has a global fan following and it is known for its unique, meticulously crafted motifs and mina work. It is the ideal wedding wear for women of today, who want to look their beautiful best.
5. Sequinned Sarees: Sequinned sarees are back in vogue and they are perfect for the glamorous desi girl look. Sequins are small shimmery embellishments that are used to decorate outfits and give it the ultimate royal appeal. Sequinned sarees with embroidered patterns are perfect for bridal wear. They look gorgeous and chic and enhances the feminine allure of the wearer. You can also consider sequinned sarees in pale and pastel colors to create a look of your dream. Dull pink, gold, icy blue, powder blue, blush pink, mint green and lilac are some of the colors women prefer to wear sequinned sarees of. Pair it up with right amount baubles and minimal makeup and you can look like a royal princess.
6. White Sarees with Long trails for Church Weddings: Long trail with sarees have become a raging trend after the Bollywood actresses Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra wore it on their various wedding events. Ditch lehengas for long trail sarees in pristine white. This look is definitely is sublime and it is going to make the wearer feel like an ethereal princess. The color white will bring out the true beauty and poise, and the long trail will add drama to your look. Believe us! You are going to get some extremely flattering compliments and loving looks from your husband-to-be.
7. Chikankari Sarees: The traditional Lucknawi embroidery is known as Chikankari and it is in fashion again. Popular designers are creating some marvels out of it and we can see it on the ramp shows and various other Bollywood events. Chikankari sarees are truly an epitome of sartorial elegance and perfect for some with a suave sense of style. Colors like ivory, gold, beige, soft pink, sage green and deep blue look absolutely spectacular in chikankari sarees. One can also experiment with brighter tones like red, pink and yellow. It’s perfect for summer weddings and looks extraordinary.
8. Red Silk Sarees: The eternal favorite of every bride is red silk saree. There is a diverse range of silk sarees available in the market, some of them we have mentioned above. A traditional red saree with intricate gold borders has been brides’ first choice in the longest time. And this look is never going to fail you.
So, these are a few bridal wear sarees that will never disappoint you. These traditional Indian sarees are going to make you look like a one in a million for sure and enrapture the hearts of your loved ones.