Air conditioners are now considered to be a staple in every household, because the idea of having to spend the sweltering summers, or in the case, another heatwave without an actual air conditioning unit keeps the house cool sounds like a nightmare. If you feel like your current air conditioner is not performing as well, you have one of two options, you either get the air conditioner replaced with a new model, or you take better care of your air conditioner and hire professionals to do proper maintenance checks on them at least once a year.
If your current air conditioner is not satisfying you and you have made the executive decision to get it exchanged, then you are probably unsure about where to start, and we don’t blame you. There is now a huge variety of air conditioners in the market, and it can be difficult to choose the right one. There are a number of factors and things that you have to keep in mind when out air conditioner shopping and this includes the size of your living space, how many rooms you want the cool air to go into, and so on. This is why we are going to list down a few reminders and pointers that you should keep in mind when out shopping for air conditioning in Palmdale California.
- The first thing you want to ask yourself is how much of your living space do you want to get cooled by your air conditioning. Some people only want a few rooms to be cooled while other people want the AC’s cooling to reach all parts of the house and this includes the garage and attic and so on.
- You need to consider the location of your house and how much direct contact it has with sunlight. Some houses are directly exposed to sunlight while others might be shaded by other houses or by trees and so on.
- You need to look into the building material of your house. Some houses, especially old fashioned ones are made of bricks, and bricks end up absorbing and retaining heat, hence it ends up affecting the rate at which your air conditioning will cool your house. In this kind of scenario you have two options, you either buy a really powerful air conditioner, or you try to get your walks insulated in order to better take care of the amount of energy your air conditioner has to expend in order to keep the house at an appropriately cooler temperature.
- You need to consider your budget and how much money you are willing to spend on air conditioning. Bigger air conditioning units will require more power, and hence will cost you more money in your utility bills and so on. Investing in an eco-friendly air conditioner is considered to be the ideal situation in this scenario since it can help you save a little extra money in the long run.
Types of Air Conditioners:
- Portable air conditioners, like the name suggests, are smaller and actually come with wheels so they can be moved around from room-to-room. They work well with small spaces are said to be on the lower end of the cost spectrum. However, they need to be placed either near a window or to some connection with an outdoor area so that the hot air produced can be released out.
- Window air conditioning units are also commonly seen in apartments, and they come in a variety of different types and sizes. These ACs are great for apartments and small spaces and they free up floor space since they are attached directly to the wall. However, they will only be able to cool a certain portion of the house.
- Through the wall air conditioning is a relatively new kind of air conditioning unit that is much sleek and thinner and better looking than standard bulky window air conditioning units. They are also known to be much more powerful than the other two kinds of air conditioners that we have previously mentioned above. However, like window air conditioners they can only cool one room at a time and they are very heavy units.
- Ductless AC units, also known as split AC units are considered to be the best option, especially when it comes to larger houses. There are small mini hubs placed inside each room of the house, and each of these mini hubs will help to cool every area of the house. So, when these mini hubs are placed in strategic locations throughout the house, you are able to control and maintain the temperature of the entire house at once, so there are no temperature dips in each room of the house, and this makes for a much better experience overall. These are definitely considered to be the top air conditioning units in the market at the moment.