Since time immemorial, different types of art have been in existence and as is always the case, artists always have a particular message they are trying to convey. Traditionally, people have recognized art as an avenue to depict a certain culture, showcase skills and knowledge of a group of people. Historically, art was used to reflect the art forms of previous generations, their lifestyle, thoughts and beliefs. However, these types of art did not focus on erudite or sophisticated ideas or views. Members of a particular community sat together and emphasized particularly on their cultures and way of living. This enabled them to creatively design different types of art to portray or represent their cultures and lifestyle. The aim was to document and to ensure ideas of the past are communicated to the future generations. However, with the innovation and advancement of technology, art has evolved vastly and taken a rather different path.
The art world has evolved immensely and the artists of today use art to convey different information, unlike traditional arts. With the encroachment and development of technology, modern art has massively taken over the art industry. Contemporary art is art drawn in the current or modern times. Through vision, one can easily draft an image. Unlike traditional art, contemporary art focuses on modern ideas and thinking which are the result of a change in the society. Contemporary artists use their intuitions or perceptions of present time to develop their art. This makes it possible for them to represent their art on any medium.
Tips on how to write an essay about contemporary art
With the advancement in technology, writing an essay about contemporary art can be quite challenging. Art has evolved massively. Traditional portraits were rather easy to interpret since they majorly represented the culture of a particular group of people. Many people find it rather difficult to interpret what has been drawn by other people. Some pieces of art are indeed problematic to comprehend. However, contemporary art is a bit easier to interpret and understand what is being conveyed. This is because it reflects mainly on modern or current times. Conversely, you ought to understand if the artist is calling you to action or supporting a cause. Having the ability to understand what an artist is trying to illustrate in their art can help you learn how to write an essay about contemporary art.
To write an essay about contemporary art, professional essay writers from essayzoo.org recommend you consider the following tips:
* Identify the artist. Finding out who did the art will help you know the kind of work they present thus know where to place the art. Different artists draw for different purposes. There are some who draw with the aim of achieving a goal or meeting an objective. Their works mainly aim at supporting or demonstrating a cause, for example, violence against women. Conversely, there are some who draw for controversial purposes. These aim at disturbing the peace of the society. Their goal is to ensure that they draw the society to an argument.
* Find the theme.
Theme in art represents the message the artist is trying to communicate to the audience. There are some artists who hide the theme behind complex artistic features. This means that the audience will not immediately understand the image and they will take their time to draw their conclusions. Identifying the theme helps you know and understand what the artist is trying to convey. Additionally, it enables you to comprehend the story behind the art.
* Determine the importance of the art. Having observed the art you are able to try and determine the meaning behind it. Distinguishing the time significance will enable you to comprehend the time period of a particular event or occasion the artist drew the art. For example, an artist can decide to represent or to create an art depicting the Hurricane Irma which hit Florida and some other parts as well. In such an occasion, the artist will try to show how much damage the hurricane caused or the impact of the hurricane.
* Analyze the work of other writers. Reviewing the work of other writers helps you distinguish your observations from theirs. Moreover, it will help you uncover what you had not realized from the picture itself and add it to your analysis.
* Determine what attracts you to the art. There are some images which catch your eye immediately you look at the art. It is indeed important to find out why this is so. Additionally, it will help you discover the hidden message in the art.
* Find out what the art is trying to answer. It is essential to find out what the art is trying to answer. There are some portraits which are drawn to support a cause whereas some are drawn to call the audience to action. Determining what the art is trying to answer will help you come up with your own conclusions.
In conclusion, writing an essay about contemporary art necessitates that you know and understand what a contemporary art is and how to interpret an art piece. This enables you to create and organize the structure of your essay hence developing an outline will be much simpler.