In a world where we are constantly bombarded with information and demands, having a personal life motto can be incredibly powerful. Life mottos are short, impactful phrases that encapsulate our beliefs, values, and goals.
They serve as guiding principles, helping us make decisions, navigate challenges, and stay focused on what truly matters to us.
In this article, we will go over 50 of the most influential life mottos that can inspire you to live your best life. We will explore the meanings behind these phrases and provide some insights on how you can apply them to your own life.
So, whether you’re seeking motivation, guidance, or simply a new perspective, these mottos can serve as powerful tools to help you live with intention and purpose.
Let’s dive in!
What Are Life Mottos?
A life motto is a short, impactful phrase that encapsulates your beliefs, values, and goals. They serve as guiding principles, helping you make decisions, navigate challenges, and stay focused on what truly matters to you.
Furthermore, a strong life motto can give you a sense of purpose and direction, and can serve as a source of motivation in both good times and bad.
Life mottos can come from a variety of sources, including religion, philosophy, literature, and personal experience. They can be passed down through generations or discovered independently. What matters most is that your life motto resonates with you and helps you live your best life.
In the following sections, we will go over 50 of the most impactful life mottos to inspire you to live with intention and purpose.
50 Life Mottos to Inspire You
These are 50 of the best, most inspirational and though provoking life mottos we could find, we hope you enjoy!
- Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. – Mahatma Gandhi
- The only way to do great work is to love what you do. – Steve Jobs
- Be the change that you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
- In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. – Abraham Lincoln
- Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions. – Dalai Lama
- It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. – Confucius
- The best revenge is massive success. – Frank Sinatra
- Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it. – Charles R. Swindoll
- Keep your face always toward the sunshine—and shadows will fall behind you. – Walt Whitman
- The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. – Chinese Proverb
- It’s never too late to be what you might have been. – George Eliot
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. – Wayne Gretzky
- An unexamined life is not worth living. – Socrates
- Dream big and dare to fail. – Norman Vaughan
- Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. – Theodore Roosevelt
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear. – George Addair
- Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts. – Winston Churchill
- What we think, we become. – Buddha
- Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
- To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. – Oscar Wilde
- Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. – Albert Einstein
- Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light. – Albus Dumbledore
- Your time is limited, don’t waste it living someone else’s life. – Steve Jobs
- Don’t count the days, make the days count. – Muhammad Ali
- The purpose of our lives is to be happy. – Dalai Lama
- Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans. – John Lennon
- Get busy living or get busy dying. – Stephen King
- You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. – Mae West
- The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- Believe you can and you’re halfway there. – Theodore Roosevelt
- When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. – Elbert Hubbard
- I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions. – Stephen Covey
- Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations. – Oliver Goldsmith
- We do not remember days, we remember moments. – Cesare Pavese
- The mind is everything. What you think you become. – Buddha
- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. – Socrates
- Change your thoughts and you change your world. – Norman Vincent Peale
- Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet. – Sarah Louise Delany
- Live life to the fullest and focus on the positive. – Matt Cameron
- I think, therefore I am. – René Descartes
- Where there is love there is life. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. – Henry David Thoreau
- Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. – Maya Angelou
- The best way out is always through. – Robert Frost
- Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’! – Audrey Hepburn
- You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore. – William Faulkner
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. – Albert Einstein
- The only disability in life is a bad attitude. – Scott Hamilton
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. – Nelson Mandela
A Final Word
Life mottos serve as beacons that guide us through the complexities of our existence, offering distilled wisdom that can illuminate our path during moments of doubt and indecision.
Whether it’s a call to embrace our imperfections, a reminder to act with kindness, or a nudge towards resilience in the face of adversity, these mottos encapsulate the essence of life’s lessons.
They encourage us to reflect on our values, to take bold steps towards our goals, and to live with intention and purpose.
If you’d like to dive deeper into life mottos and find some beautiful ones, check out the video below. It’s one of my all-time faves and totally awesome.
Lastly, by adopting and living by these succinct yet powerful phrases, we can navigate life’s journey with a sense of direction and clarity.
So, let us choose mottos that resonate with our spirit and allow them to infuse our daily actions with meaning, transforming not just our mindset but also the very fabric of our lives.
Have a blessed day, everyone!