Many people dream of the day they receive a marriage proposal, their perfect dress, and the special ceremony. It could be that they have imagined a variety of scenarios from a young age or that they have marveled over other people’s tales of being wooed. If you are considering proposing to your significant other, here are a few remarkably special ideas.
Location, Location, Location
When it comes to location, you should spend time picking the perfect place. It doesn’t have to be Paris, the so-called romantic capital of the world, nor does it have to cost the earth. Here are a few suggestions:
- Your favorite restaurant as a couple could be the perfect place to propose. It would be even better if this were where you had your first date. Organize for the same meal to be served as well as wearing the same outfit. Remind your partner of why the two of you are destined to be together and how the story of your love began.
- The White House might seem like an impossible achievement when it comes to a wedding proposal. However, for lovebirds Sarah Wolff & Jeremy Wien this is exactly where the proposal occurred. While it didn’t go entirely to plan because of President Obama’s presence and the rose garden therefore being out of bounds. Despite this, the answer was yes and they have been happily married since 2012.
- A football stadium could be the perfect venue if you are both passionate NFL fans. If you have a contact on the inside, you may be able to wangle the opportunity to announce a message over the sound system at halftime. Alternatively, organize a flash mob outside the ground with a suitably memorable track, which could be your ‘couple’ song.
Spell It Out
Hearing the words Will you marry me? is many people’s dream. However, sometimes it doesn’t feel quite right. You may prefer to spell out the words instead. There are many ways of doing this, and these are some of our favorites:
- Airplane banners are a quirky way to show your loved one (and everyone else looking up at the sky) just how much you want them to be by your side for the rest of your life. These messages don’t come cheap. However, this gesture speaks volumes about how much you feel for your other half.
- Balloons are not just for children’s birthday parties. Helium-filled letters spelling out your romantic proposal could be perfect. You could choose your significant other’s favorite colors or complement with a range of other accessories to make it even more special.
- Pizza boxes might be the simplest of these written gestures, but it could be extremely romantic. Not everyone can afford to splash out when it comes to a proposal or even a meal, so a takeout pizza might suffice. Grab a permanent marker and doodle the prettiest Will you marry me? message on the inside. When your other half opens the box, it sure will be a surprise.