If you are planning to shift to San Jose, it is necessary to consider some steps that will make your moving process easy and smooth. First and foremost, one should focus on learning as much as possible about their new home. Also, finding a team of interstate movers who are excellent in their work will also make it easier for you to move to San Jose. Here, in this article, we will be talking about some steps that will make your moving process a lot easier and fun.
More About San Jose
Based on the population count of 2020, which was 1,033,670 approximately, we have seen a surge in people who are shifting to San Jose. There are a number of reasons for doing so, one of the major reasons being the weather. San Jose has a very pleasant type of climate. Its temperature rarely dips below 50°F and at the same time, does not move any higher than 85°F during the summer months. Also, rains here are rare, which makes it a peaceful place to live in.
Other than the weather, another big reason that makes San Jose popular is that it offers a good market for setting up of businesses. This is because it serves as the financial, political and cultural center of the Silicon Valley. San Jose is already a home to a number of successful tech companies like eBay, Adobe systems, IBM, Cisco etc.
Also, it is one of the safest cities in the US. It was ranked as the sixth safest city in the year 2015 by SmartAsset. Because of a safe environment, one needs not to worry about the safety of their families, making it a much liked city. Apart from all such benefits of moving to San Jose, it is important to take into consideration the cost of living there. Based on a survey, the average price of a household in San Jose is about $1 million. Also, if planning to rent, the cost of 1BHK apartment is over $2000, making it an extremely expensive city to live in.
San Jose also offers a lavish neighborhood that includes places like Willow Glen, Cupertino, silver Creek, downtown and Los Gatos. Each of these places are unique and they have a lot to present to their residents as well as those who visit there as tourists.
10 tips for smooth relocation
After knowing all the good things about San Jose including its housing costs, it is important that you plan your relocation wisely so that it is made easier and also, the moving costs are reduced. Here, in this section, are some tips that will make your moving process extremely easy.
- Before moving to San Jose, look for a reliable moving company that is licensed. This will save you from any damage to your stuff and will also lead to a peaceful journey.
- Also, be very careful while choosing the date and time for moving. Ask the moving company for recommendations that will reduce your moving costs. Try and avoid any last minute plans and book a company early so that you will have enough time to make detailed arrangements.
- Collect all your documents and secure them in a water-proof bag. Keep them handy so that you can find them whenever you want.
- Label all your stuff properly. By doing this, you will precisely know about what all you are carrying and this will also make unpacking easier at your new home in San Jose.
- Look for all the schools and childcare services in San Jose if in case you have kids.
- Also, you can consider renting a storage facility before shifting. Moving into your new house with everything will make your shifting tough. Organizing everything first and then taking all your stuff will make it easier.
- At last, as you will be shifting to a new city, don’t forget to bid a farewell to your family and friends.
How to cut the moving costs
As the cost of housing is extremely high in San Jose, it will be beneficial if you look for reducing your moving costs. This can be done through a number of ways. You can select the moving time somewhere during the late evening as many people prefer moving during the day. Selecting a time like late evening will reduce your moving cost. Also, the moving rates are cheaper during the mid-week as compared to the weekends. Also, try packing all your by yourself. Though you can take help from the moving company, you will have to pay extra for it. So, packing all by yourself is a good idea to save money. Also, carry with you only the required stuff and prevent yourself from taking with you some unnecessary items. This will reduce moving costs to a tremendous level.
Best places to visit in San Jose.
After you are into San Jose and are well settled, don’t miss on visiting the below-mentioned places.
|Places to visit||Address||Visiting hours||Fee|
|Municipal Rose Garden||Naglee Ave & Dana Avenue, San Jose, CA 95216||8 am until 1 hour after sunset||Free|
|Winchester Mystery House||525 S Winchester Boulevard, San Jose, CA 95128-2588||Wed-Sun 10am – 4pm & 8pm – 11pm||Free to $24.99|
|Santana Row||377 Santana Row Suite 1005, San Jose, CA 95128-2053||Sun-Sat 10am – 10pm||Free|
|Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum||1660 Park Avenue, San Jose, CA 95191||Wed-Fri 9am – 5pm, Sat & Sun 10am – 6pm, Mon & Tues closed||$5-$9|
|Happy Hollow Park and Zoo||1300 Senter Rd, San Jose, CA 95112-2520||Mon-Sun 8am – 8:40pm|
Here, in this article, we have provided all the necessary details that one should go through before moving. It consists of every detail including the reasons for shifting to relocation tips to the best places to visit, once in San Jose. Hence, this article serves as an ultimate guide that one should refer to before making the final move.